resolution: For a European online poll on a top candidates duo
1. The LAG Europe (European Affairs working group of Bündnis 90/Die Grünen Berlin and Brandenburg) supports an online vote for European Green top candidates.
2. We demand a duo of top candidates as the result of the vote.
3. We demand the broadest possible democratic legitimization and the greatest possible transparency in giving votes of support by the member parties to potential candidates.
4. It is our understanding of the EGP statutes that in case of a single top candidate the person must be female and in case of a duo at least one person must be female.
5. We discourage making complete anonymity a prerequisite for this implementation of the vote, since this would hardly be possible technically. Even under these circumstances we consider the gain in democracy and the European significance to weigh in favour of a vote for this European election. We demand the greatest possible data privacy and want to contribute to improving the process in the future.
Adopted by the European Affairs working group of Bündnis 90/Die Grünen Berlin and Brandenburg on April, 29th 2013